Friday, April 30, 2010

What a Special Night

This past week as been full of emotions and goodbyes. It started with Monday night at the Senior Delta Gamma farewell dinner and last chapter of my life. I am now an alumni... crazy, I know! Anyway, Tuesday night was a very special and sweet night. As you know I am really involved in the ministry on campus called Campus Crusade for Christ. I went to Italy with them my sophomore year of college and ever since then I have been involved and attended the weekly Tuesday night meetings. Since next week is finals week, the last Crusade meeting of the semester was this past Tuesday.

Before the meeting, Christie, Chelsea and I took our mentor and discipler Amy out to dinner to Old Venice. Her sweet mom, Mrs. Penny, that we all adore was able to join us too. Amy has been more than a mentor and discipler in our lives and we are all so very thankful for her. During our time here she has mentored all of us and shown the Lord to us in so many ways. Amy and I actually met 8 summers ago at Camp Greystone... I was going into 8th grade and my counselor Ashley Smith (now Ashley Smith Donald) and Amy worked together that summer and become great friends. Who knew that Amy 8 years later Amy would become one of my closest friends? I am so thankful for her and what a blessing it has been to have her pour into my life these past years here at Ole Miss. She has been such a great role model for me and her love for others is incredible. I hope one day I too can have that love for others. She has been through so much this past year and even through all of the difficult times she continues to look to the Lord in everything she does in her life. She has been such an encouragement to me during this time and encouraged me so much to keep trusting that the Lord has a plan for our lives. I pray that she will continue to look to the Lord during this difficult time in her life and that the Lord would continue to show Himself to her and Kyle through this trial. I also pray that the Lord would bless her and Kyle with a baby soon.

While all of us are moving forward with our lives and graduating, Christie, Amy and Lord willing, Chelsea will all be in Oxford next year so I can come to Oxford and see ALL of them :). Christie is going to be an intern for Crusade next year and I pray that the Lord would supply all of her needs especially though her support raising all this summer. I am so thankful for her and our friendship and I know the Lord will use her to do great things here on this campus next year. Amy and Kyle will be here next year and still be on staff with Crusade. Chelsea is hopefully going to get a job as a teacher here at a school here in Oxford. She is so good with children and I know she will make a great teacher. I pray that the Lord will give her direction in her life and continue to show the path He has planned out for her.
Me, Amy, Christie, and Chelsea outside Old Venice

Again... I couldn't decide with picture I liked bettter

After an attempted dinner at Old Venice (We didn't have time to eat because our food took so long and we had to make it to our last Crusade) we went to our last crusade here at Ole Miss. It was definitely a sad night, and Crusade is something that I know I am going to miss next year. Since it was the last crusade the seniors were honored... we all were called to the front and prayed over for the future of our lives and then several seniors talked about their involvement in Crusade throughout the years and what it had meant to them. I cried the whole way through the meeting, knowing that it was my last Tuesday night at Crusade. I couldn't help but be reminded by the special times and special friendships that I have made through Crusade. The meeting was sweet and special and we ended singing the song "Washed by the Water." What a great way to end a fun night by singing praises to our wonderful King. I thank the Lord for allowing me to be a part of such a wonderful ministry.

Me, Christie, Jeff and Chelsea at Crusade

Me, Christie, Amy. Chelsea and Carmen Ray
Every time I think of all of these wonderful people I am reminded by the verses in Philippians 1: 3- 5 " I thank my God in all my remembrance of you, always in every prayer of mine for you all making my prayer with joy, because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now."

-Mo

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the encouraging words Mo! Love you friend! I'm so excited to see where the Lord will take you next year! Love you!
Christie

Amy said...

We were incredibly blessed to have you be involved in Crusade during your college years, and it was my pleasure and joy to disciple you! Love you and praying for your future!

The Donald Family said...

It is so wonderful to see your heart for the Lord. I am confident he will do mighty things in your life!