Ok so it's Monday and I feel like it is Friday because I am so tired from all the excitement and fun I had in Macon this past weekend. I am so excited to share about everything... prepare yourself, it was busy!
Due to my terrible Thursday night class I was unable to leave Oxford Thursday like most of the other kids, and so I was stuck here with nothing to do on Thursday night. I took advantage of the free time and got some extra sleep.
Friday I left Oxford at 7AM to make my 10AM flight. Although I thought that I needed to allow extra time since I was heading into Memphis, the big city around here, the same time as others, I quickly realized that I was wrong and that everyone in this area has Good Friday off. Which I am totally okay with. So I had more time to hangout in the airport and I got an exit row seat! wahoo! Well, funny story when we were boarding the plane I sat down in my exit row seat the chair shot all the way back... like it went horizontal and oh the poor man who was sitting behind me at that point because it hit him pretty hard. The flight attendant quickly realized the seat was everything but stable and safe and made me move to another seat, luckily it too was an exit row seat. Needless to say Airtran needs to put more money into their planes. We landed in ATL and my sweet dad drove and picked me up from the airport. We sat in stop and go traffic for several hours and a 1 hour trip quickly turned into three. I arrived home during the afternoon where I visited with my brother Carl and met his girlfriend Colby for the first time. We got all dressed up, had a photo shoot (since we NEVER take pictures) and headed to Marco for dinner. Oh how I miss that restaurant so much when I am in Oxford. Here are a few picts. from our fun photo shoot...
Me and Dad
Saturday was a FULL, FUN and BUSY day. I woke up early to make my favorite child ever, Mary Kate Kennedy's 3rd birthday party. She loves to dress up and so of course she had a princess themed party. I absolutely LOVE MK and the pure joy that she and her family bring to my life. It is hard to sum MK up in a sentence, but she is the sweetest little girl who kindly prayed for my dad last year when he had major brain surgery last year and has brought me so much joy and happiness during her short 3 years of life. So I was honored to be invited to her princess party. We played on the bounce thing, went on a magic carpet ride, opened presents, decorated crowns and how can I forget eating her princess cake from Publix. Apparently she has been eyeing that cake for a few years now. I will say it was a cool looking cake. After the birthday party Carl, Colby and I went to the newly opened Allman Brothers Museum... yep that's right I said Allman Brothers and yes it is in Macon. Fun fact... they started in Macon, GA.So yea if you're ever in town it is a great place to visit..., it has only been open for a few weeks. After touring the house we decided to take Colby to a small cafe called Fountain of Juice. It's my favorite lunch place in Macon and is very healthy and organic, it almost doesn't belong in such a small Georgia town, but I think that's how it gets it's charm. We then made our way to the Kinnebrew house to meet the newest member of their Family, Emma James (Emma) who was born 2 weeks ago from this past Saturday. Mike and Lindsay are dear friends to us and our family and it was so great to visit with them and meet the baby. She is gorgeous by the way and looks a lot like Lindsay. Sadly I didn't get to see her eyes because she slept the whole 1 and a half we were there. But I did get to hold her and look at her little hands and feet, fingers and toes... she's just perfect and I am always reminded of how awesome our Lord is when I see newborn babies. They are such a blessing to my life. After visiting with the Kinnebrews for a bit we dashed home and showered and put on our best attire for Jenny and Carter's engagement party which was at our house. The Watson's are very dear to our family and Jenny who is 2 years older than me is a good friend of mine. She and I grew up in Younglife, church and school together and I am so happy for her and Carter. It was also fun to have an excuse to dress up and see friends from high school who I haven't seen in a while.

The ultimate Mary Kate face... thanks Chris for capturing this!
Prince Ford
MK knows how to work the Camera
The Princess Cake
A bad attempt to get a picture with the b-day girl
Emma James Kinnebrew
Me, Carl and Colby before the Engagement Party
Me and Colby before the engagement party
Sunday, Easter to be exact we awoke and headed to church for the Easter service. Easter has always been one of my favorite holidays for many reasons but mainly because without Easter and the resurrection of our Savior Jesus Christ there would be no reason to live. It is such a reminder of God's love for us. I also am reminded of that love when I see the gorgeous flowers (and unfortunately pollen that comes with them) outside and all around, the new Easter dresses and outfits that everyone buys for the special day and the family time that comes with this special Holiday. And my favorite part is seeing all of the little children, especially girls dressed to the nines in their Easter dresses and bows. Ah! I love it! After the church service which ended in a beautiful chorus of Hallelujah we headed to the Country club to meet my grandparents for lunch. After a delicious meal we visited with my grandparents and relaxed for the day. Carl and Colby left to head back to Dallas and mom and went for a walk, but the pollen was almost too much for my crazy allergies.
The Famm
Today, Monday, I awoke at 6 AM and my sweet parents (both of them) drove me to the airport. Luckily I had no complications with the seat this time and had an uneventful but quick flight back to Memphis. I met one of my good friends in Memphis who rode back to Oxford with me. It is always nice to have someone keep you company. Now I am back in Oxford and have a full week ahead and Derby day Saturday! I am going to post more about my future and life updates in the next few days, so be looking out!
Hope you had a great Easter weekend too! Happy Monday!
-MO












2 comments:
glad you had a great weekend. next time you are this way for longer lets catch up!
Thanks Ahsley! You will be at double decker weekend here in Oxford in a few weekends right? I sure hope we can get together! I am dying to meet Mary Stewart!
Post a Comment