Sunday, April 18, 2010

A Joy Filled Day

So last Monday ( I know I am a little behind on my blogging) I joined my good friend Amy on a road trip to Nashville. We headed to Nashville with a dog in tow to meet Laura (Amy's sister), her recently adopted son from Ethiopia (Mikias), and her daughter Molly Kate. Amy had been keeping Annie, their dog for a few weeks now while Laura and her husband went to Ethiopia to get Mikias. Amy asked me to go a few weeks ago and of course I jumped at the offer because I wanted to see Molly Kate who is so precious and meet Mikias.

After a 3 hour drive (shorter than I expected) we grabbed some Arby's and headed to the park to meet the others. As soon as we got there both Molly Kate and Mikias came running to Amy and it was so cute seeing that reunion. That was the first time Mikias had ever met Amy, but he was so cute and kept saying "Amy." And I was so excited because sweet little Molly Kate remembered me. It's amazing what 2 year olds remember, especially since I have not seen her since July. We ate lunch and then played on the playground for a few hours. It was so much fun and as always I am amazed by how much joy children bring to my life.


Amy with Molly Kate and Mikias

Aren't they so cute

Amy, Laura and the two kiddos
I was so sad to leave all of them, but I was so thankful for the time I did get to spend with them. It was so cute when we were about to leave Molly Kate told me she wanted to go home with me and amy. Ah! It was the cutest thing ever! I cannot wait to work with Children all day everyday! It's amazing what they can teach you!


- Mo

0 comments: