Many of you know that my good friend Callie is getting married in May. Crazy I know, but I am so excited for her. She is really one of the first out of my friend group to get married, so I am learning all about wedding planning and all of the funness that comes along with it.
Last Friday night Callie's two best friends from Houston came into town and hosted her lingerie shower. The shower was held at the chocolate bar on the square where drinks and desserts were served. It was a night filled with laughter to say the least. I had such a great time with great friends and laughed so much in my life. Let's just say my first experience at a lingerie shower was a success!

Lingerie Shower
Saturday morning I awoke at 6 AM and headed to the Deeg to get ready for my last Derby Day. Derby Day has always been my favorite Spring fraternity event and probably because Delta Gamma dominates! We always have the coolest dances and themes. This year the theme was Braveheart and we all wore plaid skirts and carried shields. We didn't look that cute, but the guys liked it for sure. We actually won the overall derby day and ended up with the most points from all the activities during the week. I was so proud to be a Delta Gamma.

"Sigma Chi till I die" Derby Day Champs 2010
After Derby day, I headed home, took a quick nap and showered and then headed to Memphis with my good friends to celebrate Callie's bachelorette party. Callie's sweet friend Julie and Breanna planned the night and other than knowing where we were staying in Memphis we had no idea what events were in store for the fun night. After arriving at the Marriott we got ready to go out and headed to dinner. We had no idea where we were going to dinner, but we soon found out it was Majestic. Majestic is actually one of the only restaurants that I have eaten at in downtown Memphis and it is absolutely delicious! We decided to all try the strawberry basil martini and it was by far one of the best drinks I've ever had! I decided to try the ravioli pasta (last time I had the Salmon) and it was divine! I think everything in that restaurant was great! After dinner we moved to Beale Street where we went to one bar called Sulley's where Callie was serenaded and then we moved to Club 152 where we danced the night away. It was such a fun night and I am so excited for Callie! Sunday morning we ate breakfast/lunch at Blue Plate Cafe (another famous place in Memphis) and I had swiss chocolate chip pancakes and they were oh so good! Let's just say it was such a fun weekend!
-Mo

0 comments:
Post a Comment