Spring in Oxford is one of my favorites and I am so glad that time is finally coming. Well, at least I think.... I feel like it came and then left again. But as of right now looks like highs will be in the 70s this week... just perfecto! And I know you guys know about my obsession with flowers, well they are all over Oxford right now and it just makes me so happy! No matter what kind of day you are having, they will cheer you up. Around campus there are so many colorful flowers and I am constantly reminded of God's beauty when I see them walking across campus to class. Let me just tell you that they make walking to class so much more enjoyable. I think the yellow daffodils are my favorite. Last week I invested a in frisbee to throw around in the Grove with some of my good friends. Can't wait to hit that up.
This semester the Lord has put some awesome friends in my life or rather deepened many friendships with people I've known throughout college. I am so thankful for Campus Crusade for Christ here at Ole Miss not only because it has taught me so much, but also for the people that it has put in my life. I was talking to my mom today and she mentioned that I am always hanging out with someone from Crusade and I thought about it for a second and then agreed. I love friendships that are based on the Lord and they are for sure the ones that last. Just this semester I have grown so much closer to my some of those kinds of friends. I can honestly say it has definitely been a time or spiritual growth and God has blessed me with so many friends who know the Word so well and are constantly encouraging me and praying for me in my walk with the Lord. I am so thankful for Christie, Carmen Rae, Callie, Kelsey, and Amy. All of these friends have been there for me this semester and prayed for me and encouraged me. I have recently also been introduced to so many amazing people who are freshmen and sophomores here at Ole Miss and who love the Lord. It is so encouraging to see some of the future faces of Ole Miss and the love for Christ they have.
Just within this past weekend I have made new friends and really seen the Lord at work in all of their lives including my own. Friday night I ate dinner with some friends and I also met 3 other girls who are younger and just came back from the Italy trip with Crusade. It was so great to hear about some of their time there and the life-changing events that occurred in their hearts that week. Saturday I spent the whole day in Memphis with my dear friend Amy. She was so sweet to go with me to help me pick out a cocktail dress for a party at my house this weekend and we had so much fun hanging out. She is so encouraging to me and it is so nice to have someone older who not only mentors you but also sets a great example of what a Christian lifestyle looks like. I am so thankful to have her in my life and help me grow closer to the Lord. Sunday several crusade folks all got together and had steaks and watched the Extreme Makeover Edition that Amy's dad helped direct. It was so much fun and I met so many new people. The episode was great and as usual I cried throughout the whole thing... gotta love tears of Joy.
I am so thankful for the free time God has given me to learn more about Him. So many times in my life I have struggled with really getting into the Word on my own and praying, other than attempting to pray in my bed every night when I usually don't get past the words "Dear Lord." As you know this semester I have had to rely on the Lord for so much more it feels like, I mean it is my ENTIRE future that is in His wonderful hands. But this semester I have been so blessed with so much free time and I have really been getting into the Word on my own and communicating with God and it makes such a difference. I am so content right now with life and I can honestly say I am living life to the fullest. I LOVE life! Within the past few weeks I have been constantly reminded that all I need is Jesus. And He will take me as I am fails and everything, which is so awesome. I have also been reminded of my sinful, prideful self so much lately but it just makes God's grace seem even more awesome when I realize how undeserving I am of His grace. I have also recently learned that there are not only certain aspects of my life that I need to give to the Lord, but that I need to Surrender EVERYTHING to Him. I feel like I am constantly trying to give God the big stuff or the stuff that I don't want anything to do with and that I am keeping the good stuff, but that is not how it works... He wants EVERYTHING from us and life is SO much better with Him in charge. My prayer is that I will show the grace that God shows me to all that I encounter and I also pray that I will do my best to surrender everything to Him and not hang on to anything. I pray that God will continue to use me to show His love to others and that I will not be shy or run in the opposite direction when He calls and that I would pray for those opportunities.
-Mo
1 comments:
Love the new blog design! Looks just like you! Loved spending the day in Memphis with you too! We will have to make another trip to Anthropologie before you graduate!
Post a Comment