Walking to the bus stop to and from school is NO fun in the rain and I had been prepared, although yesterday I was not. It had been sunny all day and there was not a cloud in the sky. And by rain here I mean sprinkling off and on and no thunderstorms or lightening. So I headed to my art class at 5 without a rain jacket or umbrella, not knowing what I was going to be stuck in when I left class.
Well as soon as I walk out of school, it is pitch black and thunder and lightening everywhere. And if you know me, you know I hate thunderstorms and lightening because usually that means the tornado sirens are likely to follow, but thank goodness they don't have tornados here. The sky looked as if it was going to flood. So I ran to the bus station, since obviously I wasn't going to walk in the lightening. Well as soon as I get on the bus it starts flooding and I mean flooding, you couldn't even see in front of you. So I was like well maybe in my thirty minutes of the bus ride the rain will stop. Because I have to walk about 8 minutes from where the bus lets me off to my house. Well it didn't stop, I hopped off the bus and it was flooding... luckily I didn't have my computer with me. Anyway, I sprinted, yes sprinted in flipflops, jeans and a tshirt to my house and it seemed that the harder I ran, the more rain was falling. And also every time I would get to a crosswalk, it would be red and I would have to wait for like what seems eternity. So needless to say, I made it back to the apartment complex, soaking wet, it literally looked like I had jumped into a pool with all my clothes on. I was wringing my clothes out by the front door of the apartment and the guy behind the desk who knows me just started laughing. So as soon as I got up my room I had to get all my soaking wet clothes off and jump in the shower. Although it was another eventful day, I thought it was kind've funny! I thought you might enjoy that story! Ha! Seems like the rain follows me EVERYWHERE, Georgia, Mississippi, California, Spain... Haha! I am going to a futbol game (aka soccer game sunday) and I sure hope it doesn't rain!
¡Hasta Luego!
-Mo
0 comments:
Post a Comment