Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Oh how time flies

Well I absolutely cannot believe that I have been in Spain for almost 3 weeks (Thursday). I feel like the summer came and gone and then it was hello España. Yesterday (Monday) also marked the 4 week of coming home from Woodleaf.

I am not going to lie and say that I don't miss California, because I do. I miss it. A lot. I miss the atmosphere, the mountains, the sunsets, lifeguarding (never thought I'd say that), the Christian fellowship. I love looking back now and seeing why God told me to apply to work there for three weeks. I would have never believed you if you told me I was still going to be attached to those 3 weeks of my life a month later, but I am. I am very much attached. I am so happy for all of my friends there, even though we had never met before, and only worked together for 3 weeks, I will admit, those friendships are some of the strongest ones I've ever had. There is just something so magical about friendships based on Christ, they are amazing and so great to have. It's hard to believe that I have been away from that magical place for 4 weeks now because it seems like yesterday my dad was driving me to the airport at 4AM and I was questioning myself about why I decided to go to California just weeks before I was leaving for Spain.

God worked wonders there, both in my life and in the lives of hundreds of kids. I am so thankful for the friendships I made during those three weeks and I cannot wait to see those friendships become even stronger within the year.

I will never forget "family time" with my dear waterfront, dancing to the "Jerk" whenever it came on, jumping in after so many campers, retrieving kayaks with Nick, clipping people into the zipline with my best friend Becca, having deep conversations all the time, seeing leaders interact with their kids, dancing to "Forever" on turn over days, daily communes, tableau, watching Ryan aka moca man make a fool out of himself everyday, seeing Christ in everything and everywhere, watching the Everything skit, praying for campers, sayso, watching Ritchie dance, teaching 19 and 20 year olds how to swim in the freezing cold @ 7 in the morning, cleaning the pool, singing praise and worship songs on the dock by the lake at night, Joey's talks, being pushed into the pool after the dance in my clothes, and most importantly all of the time I had to focus on the Lord. There are so many more memories, but these are the things I miss the most. I am again so thankful for those 3 weeks of serving the Lord.

Busy week here in Spain... going to Sevilla Thursday for the weekend!
-Mo

The flowers there were so gorgeous!

The group singing praise and worship on top of the mountain watching the sunset.

Sun setting in the Sierra Nevadas

All the girls on Summer staff

Waterfront group... I love you guys!


I found Tab... he came to visit

Lindsey the lifeguard

Yes, I actually do miss cleaning the cabin on turnover days, vacuuming was my job.

Oh and we laid on the nice beds in the adult guest lodge too and ate otter pops.

One of my homes everyday, oh how I miss it!

Clubroom

My other home everyday.

Two of my favorites... Jamie and Mandy

Some of the guys at formal dinner

Summer staff girls at dress up dinner

My best friend Becca

Dressing up on 80's night

Yes, we love our Nike shorts

0 comments: