Sunday, September 6, 2009

Peníscula

Yesterday the group left Valencia and headed about an hour north of Valencia to a well-known beach called Peníscula. Despite the rainy weather we made it fun anyway.

We were supposed to meet some people from our school (our chaperones) at the huge soccer stadium around 11AM and the soccer place is not close to me however normally it shouldn't be hard to find. My friend Michelle and I left our apartments at 9:30 knowing that it was way too early, but the 2 of us struggle with directions so much so we figured it would be a great idea to allow an hour and 30 minutes for the walking adventure. Well as we left it started pouring down rain and of course we didn't bring our rain jackets, no instead we had on our swimsuits because we were planning on going to the beach. Well an hour and 45 minutes later we finally got to the meeting place. I absolutely hate maps, I can never read them correctly, they are confusing and they just scream our tourist. I can't wait until I know this city and can throw that thing in the trash! Ha!

After arriving, we headed our on the bus and about an hour and half later we arrived and it had stopped raining. Wahoo! We sat on the beach, which is gorgeous, it is the Mediterranean Sea.

We played on the beach for a while and went in the ocean until we saw lots of Jellyfish! At 4 we met back together and headed to see the famous castle there. I'll admit the views were gorgeous (see pictures), but the castle itself wasn't that impressing. And on top of that of course there were lots of slippery steps and I fell all the way down a flight of them... everyone saw me and it was the joke of the day. Go figure!

Last night we went out to the bar for the first time and had a great time. It is normal for the Spanish to go out at 1 AM and stay till like 4 AM... I am going to have to get used to that! We left the house at 9:30 (the place was far from where a lot of us live so we had to allow plenty of time to get there). We got there and we got a free Aqua de Valencia (a famous drink here) and it was good. I got back home at 3:30 AM and slept till 12:30 today, which is completely normal of the Spanish.

I'm headed out with some friends for the afternoon to learn all the streets and get acquainted with everything. I'll post some pictures when I get back!

Oh and Hotty Toddy!

1 comments:

Amy said...

Wow! I could never live in Spain! That is way to late!