Hey! Sorry I haven´t updated in a few days, school is in full swing with lots going on. Today is Friday and we now oficial have been in school for one full week. I have had both sets of my classes now twice and I am starting to get a feel for which ones I am going to like and which ones are going to take lots of work.
I think my favorite so far, well I have two... one is my Spanish Culture and Civilization class and the other is my advanced grammar class. Spanish culture and civilization is interesting because I don´t know much history of Spain, I only know the basics in European history. We have learned some cool facts, and yes I´m a nerd and like those. We learned the other day that more people speak spanish in the United States that the people in Spain. How interesting is that? I really like my grammar class because spanish grammar comes easy to me since I´m a memorizer and I think conjugating verbs is so easy for some reason. I don´t know, the grammar part of spanish comes more easily to me than any other thing in spanish. My modern art class is going to take lots of work, I mean it is my first art history class too. I think it will be very interesting though. Literary Analysis is also going to be a challenge because there is lots of reading in spanish, which means lots of looking up words in the dictionary. It´s a necesity to graduate so I´m in it and am going to make the best of it.
On another note, this week has been fun too. I had real spanish sangria for the first time this week and it was so good (and very cheap). Several of us went after our class ended at 7 PM and sat in the bar and talked, we were trying to waste time since dinner is so late. Last night we went out to a tapas bar near my house and it was so fun to have a girls night out. We had spanish Cava (Champange) and it was so great too. I am fully embracing the spanish culture and loving it!
I also have some good news... I think I have FINALLY gotton the bus route to and from school down! I never thought that day would come. It´s only a 20 minute walk and I have been walking lots because I like to walk, but the days when I have class at 9 AM and when it rains it will be nice to know how to take the bus.
That´s all for now! Hope you all have a great weekend! I have exciting plans for this weekend and I can´t wait to tell you about my weekend! I´ll update when I return back to Valencia Sunday! ¡Hasta Luego! As they say here in España (see you later).
-Mo
Friday, September 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment