Okay so I realize it has been a few weeks since I blogged, sorry, not too much going on and therefore not too much to tell you about... but here are some highlights.
The week after Asheville and Kelly's debutante ball I helped out with vacation Bible school at my church in Macon. It was so much fun, unfortunately I got stuck with the 5th graders (who I LOVED) although they are the ones who don't want to be at Bible school. It is not the "cool" thing to do and yes I somewhat have to agree with them, because parts of it are a bit cheesy. So I got placed there (even though I was dying for the nursery or 3 year olds) so I could make it the "cool" thing to do that week. I doubt I was successful, but we did have some fun. Let me tell you though, by Thursday I was worn out.
Thursday afternoon after Bible study I made my way down south and met mom, dad and my aunt and uncle in Ponte Vedra for the weekend. It was so much fun, we ate dinner at TPC and shopped and walked on the beach. I think I could live down there all year long! Ah! I love that place! I left Monday since mom and dad's friends were joining them down there. I spent the week at home by myself taking care of sweet Noel (who hates the vet) and getting the mail. I also have spent a few days babysitting precious little Kinnebrew. She is absolutely adorable and we have so much fun together. She just smiles and smiles at me. Ha!

Aunt Carla, Me and Mom at TPC Sawgrass
Sweet Emma
Saturday night (June 27th) my good friends Jenny and Carter got married. Jenny is 2 years older than me and we both attended Stratford together, youth group and Young Life and our parents are great friends. She and Carter had a gorgeous wedding at our church (Vineville Methodist) and then a reception at the Country Club. We danced and danced and danced... I love weddings and it was so much fun to see how happy Jenny and Carter were after the wedding. They have had a long distance relationship for the past few years and I know they are ready to be together. Sadly I did not get one picture of this event, but I will say it was one of the most spectacular weddings I've ever seen! Congrats Jenny and Carter Barfield!
The next Monday night mom and I cooked dinner for 14 people... yes you read that right... 14! We had the Kinnebrews, Kennedys and Thompsons over and all the kids (Emma, Mary Kate, Ford, and McKinley). Thank goodness for Ann who loves to cook and who came over to help me and mom. This week I am starting a cooking blog with my friend and I will post all of the recipes, but the menu consisted of green apple coleslaw, spinach and cheese dip, pasta salad, lemon grilled chicken, marinated flank steak and a blueberry trifle. It was so good and we had leftovers for days. I did slice my finger wide open while chopping the onions and probably should've gotten stitches, but it's okay now. I gotta learn a better way to chop things. The dinner was fun and I particularly enjoyed watching Mary Kate dress up in my costume jewelry and size 10 shoes. She is so funny and absolutely loves dress up... especially when she, Barbie is trying to impress McKinley (who kindly played Ken). It was hysterical and I love Mary Kate's personality. I did get a picture of Mary Kate posing as "Barbie". The only picture of the night. It was a great night and we all had so much fun catching up! What a great night of fellowship! (I just realized I don't have my camera cord with me, but I will post the "barbie" pic as soon as I get home.)
Sweet Little Mary Kate
Wednesday I left the 100 degree weather in Macon, GA and headed up here to Highlands, NC where it is about 70 degrees... much nicer. It was fun celebrating the 4th here, although not as fun at Jimboy's carnival at Greystone. I will be here until Friday and will post an updated about the festivities soon.

0 comments:
Post a Comment