Wednesday, July 28, 2010

I am From

When I was a freshman in college I was involved in our Bible Study through Delta Gamma that Emily taught. One week our home work was to write a poem describing "where we were from." My friend Beth recently found hers and posted it on her blog. Her blog post inspired me to find mine (which happen to still be saved on my computer) and post it. While lots of things have changed in 4 years, it is so neat to see all the work that the Lord has done in my life! Thanks beefy for the encouragement!

"I am From"

I am from my mom Isabelle and my dad Blake

I am from parents that love me no matter what, even when I mess up

I am from a mom who has shown me how to be compassionate, caring and loving towards others even when it seems impossible

I am from a dad who has shown me that it is okay to make mistakes and that God will still forgive you

I am from a dad who says to “always try your best” and never give up

I am from a younger brother who has been with me through everything

I am from Americus, a small town in Georgia

I am from learning how to drive in my grandfather’s truck and riding four-wheelers on his farm

I am from moving in 8th grade from a small town to a big city and thinking it was the end of the world

I am from countless swim meets, track meets and cross country meets

I am from the high school days of hanging out with my best friends Natalie and Catherine

I am from growing up in a church my whole life and never missing out on a church trip

I am from having the hardest sophomore year in high school when I watched my grandfather suffer with Alzheimer’s and gave up on God

I am from spending every summer since I was 6 at Camp Greystone, which I consider my second home

I am from a spending a week in Colorado with YoungLife and finally realizing what it means to know Christ

I am from Young Life leaders and camp counselors that taught me what it was like to be a follower of Christ


-Mo

1 comments:

Beth said...

Morgana! I love it!!!