Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Friends Forever

So obviously I am an avid blog reader, it helps me stay updated with all of my friends far, far away. Anyway, my friend Nick recently posted something that encouraged me to write about it to. His post was all about Young Life friendships from working at camps. Although he has worked many different camps I have really only worked two, Crooked Creek and Woodleaf.

Last year about this time I left to head to the Sunny State of California for 3 weeks to be a Lifeguard at Woodleaf. I did not know a soul, nor did I know why I was going all the way across the U.S. to California, and furthermore I had no idea why I was doing this 4 weeks before I left the US for a semester for Spain. But God did... God had this planned all along and I am now so thankful that He did.

Why you ask? Because that summer not only changed my life, but also because it brought along life long friendships. Friendships that would constantly revolve around the Lord, friendships that would be there for me during some of my hardest times while I was in Spain, friendships that constantly hold me accountable, and friendships that I will hold onto forever. Somehow those friendships have become so much deeper even though many of us haven't seen each other since the day we left Woodleaf. We can always pick up where we left off. And just like Nick said, it's not a "goodbye", but more like a "see ya later." Even if we don't see each other during this lifetime (which is highly unlikely because we like reunions) I know I will see them in Heaven because they are my brothers and sisters in Christ... Just tonight I had a conversation with one of my best friends from the Leaf, Becca.

It's not too often that you can have friendships filled with laughter, silliness, seriousness, encouragement, accountability, the joy and love of the Lord, etc. The list could go on and on. I am so thankful for these people and even though camp only lasted 3 weeks, our friendships will last forever. Hopefully I will "see ya soon!" Team 809 will always be an important part of my life....

"I thank my God every time I remember you!" Phil. 1:3

Love y'all!
-Mo


Waterfront Team
All the Summer Staff Girls
A.J., Me, Jamie and Becca at 80's night
All the SS girls dressed in 80s
Banquet night... Me, Lindsey and LeAnne
Alyson and Me
Me and Becca
All of the SS girls on the Last night
All the SS guys
Me, Jamie and Mandy

And I have to include the video of the skit that showed many the love of Christ... even me! I love this and even though the video is not near as good as the real skit it is still worth watching!

1 comments:

Sarah Weaver said...

Morgan, this is beautiful! I love it. I have gone to Crooked Creek, Castaway and Woodleaf. My life has changed from camp and the relationships I have made there. I am thankful for that. I miss you.