Thursday, July 22, 2010

Improving my Photography Skills

As many of you know I love to take pictures and I take them often. Sometimes I even think that I can attempt to photograph in an "artsy" way which often fails miserably. Well for my birthday I got a new and "professional" camera as I like to call it. I spent countless time researching the best to get for beginners and easiest one to learn... I even asked my brother's girlfriend Colby who happens to be a professional photographer. I ended up choosing the Canon EOS Rebel T1i. Ironically it was fairly easy to set up, and learn the basics, but I am going to be learning a lot as I get more acquainted with the camera. For now I am a beginner and spending lots of time reading the books on cameras for dummies... thankfully there are 2 great books about this particular camera. I am looking forward to taking pictures around Austin and taking a photography class there. For now I will leave you with some pictures of the flowers blooming in our back yard... if you know me... you know I LOVE flowers! It's so cool to see how different each flower actually is! Enjoy!

-Mo














3 comments:

Eric said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Katherine said...

Okay, that was me that deleted the previous comment because I accidentally posted as my father-in-law and I knew you'd have no idea who that was. Anyway, I said that you are going to have to fill me in on what you learn about the camera because we've had a Rebel for 3 years and all I know how to do is push the button to take a picture. What a fun present...enjoy! As far as flowers go, (in my dreams) we'll have to go to Holland one day for their Tulip Festival because I love colorful flowers too.

Amy said...

Morgan! I love the new blog design! So excited about your camera too--well, secretly jealous! The pictures of the flowers are gorgeous!