Sunday morning we packed the car, hit the road for the ATL and boarded the plane for Sin City. After our crazy flight and rough landing I’ve never been so thankful to see land in my life. We got our bags and saw our first sightings of slot machines in the airport. Everyone says that Las Vegas is unbelievable and that it truly looks just like the movies… well I would have to agree 100%... in fact Las Vegas is not like any other city… it is so unique. We drove down Las Vegas Boulevard and arrived to our hotel, the Bellagio. The lobby of the Bellagio is decorated with gorgeous Chihuly flowered glass. After checking in and unpacking we got dressed for an early dinner in our hotel followed by the Cirque de Soleil “O” show. This is the most “famous” of all the Cirque de Soleil shows and now I know why… it was FABULOUS! There is just no way to explain it… acrobats with synchronized swimming (my favorite) and costumes that are decorated so ornately. Definitely my favorite show of the trip!
Monday morning we got up and explored Vegas. Although it was 110 degrees, there was no humidity so it felt so much cooler than you would have thought. We walked down the famous “strip” and saw all of the hotels including Caesar’s Palace, The Venetian, and the Wynn. I will say that each hotel in Vegas has something special to it… the Bellagio has dancing fountains, Caesar’s Palace has a HUGE and very nice shopping center attached, the Venetian literally looks just like Venice with the canals inside… you can even take a gondola ride through the canals and the Wynn has great interior decorations. While I loved reminiscing Italy, my favorite hotel had to be the Wynn just because of its fresh flowers everywhere and interior decorations. After exploring we shopped and ate lunch in Wolf Gang Puck’s Spago restaurant, which was once again delicious! Then mom treated me to a wash/blow-dry and Carl a message, while she was being sneaky and getting Colby, Carl’s boyfriend all checked in. Since we were primarily celebrating Carl’s 21st birthday and his girlfriend lives in LA mom and I thought it would be fun to surprise Carl with a visit from Colby. So Colby flew over to Vegas for the night and surprised Carl and he was truly surprised! It was so fun to see something like that pulled off and Carl was so happy. All of us, Colby included, met the Oswalds for dinner at the Mandalay Bay and then headed to the casino in the Bellagio for the night.
Little Paris
Tuesday we rented a cabana for the day and hung out by the pool for most of the day. Mom, Mrs. Mandy, Laura Kate and I did a little shopping in the city, but decided that we could “shop” in Atlanta and we didn’t want to waste our time doing that in Vegas. So we laid by the pool all day and Colby went back to LA. We rested up for our last night out in Vegas… we were going to do it BIG! All of us, both families, went to the Elvis show at the Aria that night. I honestly didn’t know what to expect from the show, but it turned out to be a great success. I thought it was funny that the city of Las Vegas claims to be his “home” and “claim to fame” after I spent 4 years near Memphis and Tupelo (Elvis’ birthplace). I have an idea that Memphis thinks too that it is the “home” to Elvis. Who knows… after the show we all went to a nice dinner at the Bellagio and then hit the casinos. Just like we expected the parentals called it quits pretty soon after dinner since our flights home were at the crack of dawn. But Laura Kate, Louis, Carl and I had a different plan… we were going to stay up all night in Vegas. We casino hopped for the night and eventually decided we should maybe think about sleeping for a little while when it was 6 AM. I don’t know why we thought that was a good idea and when my alarm went off the next morning I was hating myself for staying up all night. Carl and I threw our stuff together and packed our bags and met mom and dad in the lobby. Still half asleep we headed to the airport and made it back safely to the ATL. Luckily the flight home was faster and smoother than the flight out there. I can definitely say that I loved Las Vegas and I will definitely make a trip back out there one day.


0 comments:
Post a Comment