Thursday, September 8, 2011

Turkey Burgers

I made these the other night, and I have to say they are amazing! By far this is the best turkey burger I've ever had! It was super easy to make and I was able to freeze the leftovers. So far, I'm cooking more, but not as often as I would like to be. We are slowly making progress. Oh and each serving is only 310 calories. :)

Ingredients (serves 4):

· 1/2 cup(s) plain fat-free yogurt

· 2 tablespoon(s) plain fat-free yogurt

· 2 green onions, green and white parts separated and thinly sliced

· 1/2 cup(s) packed fresh mint leaves, finely chopped

· 1 pound(s) lean ground turkey

· 1 1/2 ounce(s) feta cheese, finely crumbled

· 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground coriander

· 2 whole wheat pitas, cut in half

· 2 tomatoes, thinly sliced

Directions:

Prepare outdoor grill for covered direct grilling on medium.

In small bowl, combine 1/2 cup yogurt, white parts of green onions, and half of the chopped mint.

In large bowl, with hands, combine turkey, feta, coriander, 1/8 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, green parts of green onions, remaining mint, and remaining yogurt. Mix well, then form into 3 1/2-inch-round patties (each 3/4 inch thick).

Place turkey patties on hot grill grate; cover and cook 12 to 13 minutes or just until meat loses its pink color throughout, turning once. (Burgers should reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.) During last 2 minutes of cooking, add pitas to grill. Cook 2 minutes or until warmed, turning once.

Open pitas. Divide burgers, tomato slices, and yogurt sauce among pitas.

Happy Cooking!!!

-Mo

1 comments:

Leslie said...

These look tasty!!!