What started out as just an ordinary Tuesday morning at Stratford Academy, quickly turned into a day I will never forget. I remember sitting in Mrs. Fred's 8th grade English class and watching the horror on her face as our middle school principle whispered something in her ear. She immediately began to break down in tears and told us to go next door into Dr. Wynn, our history teacher's room. As we entered his room, I noticed the words "breaking news" scrolling along the bottom of the television. We watched in silence as the second plane flew into the other tower. I remember sitting in that room for what seemed like hours as we watched those events of that terrible day unfold. Although I didn't know anyone affected by this tragedy, tears started flowing from my eyes as I thought about all of the people and families who were affected. There was suddenly rumors that more attacks could be on the way and I began to worry about my parents who were in Atlanta. My dad had brain surgery just 5 months before and was in Atlanta visiting his neurosurgeon. They happened to be right near the CDC, which was rumored to be another potential target. Thankfully all planes were grounded shortly after the attacks as a "national emergency" was declared. I was relieved to see both of my parents as school ended on that horrendous day.
I will always remember that day and still remember it like it was yesterday. I am so thankful for the sacrifice that was made for our country through so many innocent lives on that September day. Praying for those families who lost loved ones because of this tragedy that changed our country forever. God bless the USA!
We will never forget...
-Mo
0 comments:
Post a Comment