
Crazy Love is one of those books that everyones been talking about for a few years. I finally gave in and decided to check it out this summer and I am so glad I did. In summary it is a book all about the Love the God has for His people and His creation. Chan challenges Christians to take the Bible and God's Word more seriously. He also talks about how most Americans who are following Christ are "lukewarm" and only going through the motions of Christianity, not really seeking the Lord personally. Here are a few of my favorite quotes from the book:
"Lukewarm Christians don't genuinely seek out what life God would have them live-they have life figured and mapped out... The truth is, their lives wouldn't look much different if they suddenly stopped believing in God."
"In the midst of our failed attempts at loving Jesus, His grace covers us."
"But the fact is that nothing should concern us more than our relationship with God; it is about eternity, and nothing compares with that. God is not someone who can be tacked on to our lives."
"True faith means holding nothing back; it bets everything on the hope of eternity."
"When you pray, your prayers are heard by the same God who answered Moses' prayer for water in the desert, the God who gave Abraham and his barren wife a son, and the God who made the slave Joseph second in power only to Pharaoh."
"Christ expects us to treat the poor and the desperate as if they were Christ Himself."
"He calls us to trust Him so completely that we are unafraid to put ourselves in situations where we will be in trouble if He doesn't come through."
"People who are obsessed with Jesus aren't consumed with their personal safety and comfort above all else. Obsessed people care more about God's kingdom coming to this earth than their own lives being shielded from pain or distress."
"But true faith means holding nothing back. It means putting ever hope in God's fidelity to His promises."
Those are just a few of my favorite quotes from this book. I encourage you to read it if you have not read it before. Your faith will be challenged and you will fall more in love with Christ. I am so glad I read this book and I feel like I learned so much more about God's love for us... it is truly amazing!
-Mo
0 comments:
Post a Comment