A few weeks ago I heard the best news ever that I got accepted into Texas State University in their child life program. I could not be more excited! This has been my dream for so long and I am so glad that it is finally coming true! It’s amazing how the Lord works things out although I was patient for such a LONG time. I didn’t think I would ever get an answer.
With that said, Sunday after Callie’s wedding I flew to San Antonio. Mom, dad and I thought that that week would be a perfect time to visit Texas State, which is in San Marcos (about 30 or so minutes from San Antonio). I happen to have a great friend who lives in San Antonio so I got to hangout with her until Mom and dad flew out to San Antonio Tuesday. On Sunday Helena and I went to the River walk and some really cool market. It was hot, but so much fun to catch up on life and walk all around downtown San Antonio. On Monday we went to some famous burgers place called Chris Madrid’s. I don’t think I’ve ever eaten a hamburger so big in my life. On Tuesday we just hung around and Tuesday night mom and dad flew in. We stopped at the River Walk in San Antonio and made a quick visit to the Alamo. I had no idea how small it actually is… it was much smaller than I imagined, but it was a neat thing to see. After walking around downtown San Antonio for a few hours we drove to San Marcos where we stayed the next few nights.
Wednesday morning we met the department head of the family and consumer science’s department and who is in charge of the child life track. The school is HUGE about twice the size of Ole Miss, but it is a gorgeous campus. I am really excited about the brand new recreation center they have there. It makes the Turner Center looks SO bad. We walked and walked all around the campus in the Texas heat, but it was so much fun and it got me so excited about being there the next two years.
Thursday we spent ALL day looking for apartments. I’ve never looked at so many in my life. It was exhausting, but we found several that will work, so I’ve got to decide this week. I am going to live in Austin, which is about 20 minutes away from school, but I think it will be such a much more fun place to live.
Friday we looked at a few more places and then headed to the outlet malls. If you know anything about San Marcos, you know that the outlet mall shopping there is insane. I usually don’t like outlet malls, but when mom and I saw outlet stores such as Tory Burch, Kate Spade, Neiman’s, Saks, Michael Kors, Joes Jeans, Pottery Barn, etc. we knew we had to make a trip there! We had about an hour there on Friday and even in that one-hour mom and I found some great buys. Unfortunately, we had to get dad to the airport in San Antonio, so we didn’t get to stay long, but come August I will be living right near there. Apparently people drive from all over just to go to these outlets. It’s crazy.
Saturday morning mom and I flew back to Atlanta and I had a nice and relaxing memorial weekend at home. I am SO excited about living in Texas the next two years and attending Texas State. More importantly I am excited about pursuing my dream of becoming a child life specialist. I know graduate school is going to be tough, and it will be hard at first especially not knowing anyone, but I am so excited about the future.

2 comments:
I'm already planning my trip to come visit you...I've always wanted to see Austin!
I am going to have to come visit and check out those outlets!
Post a Comment