Sunday, June 13, 2010

Callie and Cason tie the knot

One of my best friends from Ole Miss recently got married to Cason Rogers on May 22nd. I ventured to Houston for their wedding, and let me just say I have never been to a more fun wedding.

I flew out to Houston Friday morning and arrived at the hotel early afternoon. I met my friends Carmen Rae, Hart and Meg there who drove all the way from Jackson, MS. Our other friends who were in the wedding we already there. Friday night we decided to try a “famous” Mexican restaurant called Lupe’s, which was recommended by Callie. And let’s just say none of us had ever had Mexican food like that… it was delicious and so were the margaritas. Ha!

Saturday we woke up and went exercising and then went to the mall nearby and shopped for a while. If you know me you know that shopping is one of my favorite things to do! Later we rested and then got all dolled up and headed to Callie’s house for the wedding!

Let’s just say the wedding was a huge success. It took place on the front porch of Callie’s house, which also happens to be the place they got proposed. The wedding was short and sweet and then we walked over to the reception. We all had a great time drinking, eating, socializing and dancing! The band was so great and at the end of the night all the Ole Miss crowd did the Jai Ho dance. I happened to catch it on video.

I am so happy for Callie and Cason. As expected it was a beautiful wedding and Callie looked absolutely stunning. They both looked so happy! I am so happy for them and know they love married life. It was a good time to be had for everyone and I enjoyed seeing all of my close college friends. What a fun weekend!
















0 comments: