Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Life Happenings

Hey friends! I have not blogged recently because there has been no news lately in my life. Well, there is, but it's news that makes life a little more stressful. I will give you more detail and some highlights into my life.

As you know I recently applied to A). Work at a YoungLife camp and B). Graduate school and I am trying to enjoy and embrace my last semester in Oxford, Mississippi, which has been my home the past 4 years. Well a few updates on A and B in my life and then I will give you more details.

Starting with A). I applied for an internship with younglife, an organization which is near and dear to my heart, for this summer in Arizona. Well I had the interview three weeks ago and I feel like it went really well. My contacts in AZ said I should know within the next week and days. Well this past Friday almost a week after I was supposed to hear I decided to send an email to the camp to double check and make sure that I had not missed a phone call or email. She replied back to my email saying that she had gotten more applications (4 to be exact) and that they were going to be conducting more interviews, thus delaying the process. I am supposed to find out either way and she thought they would come to a decision this week. I hope and pray that this is still a possibility and I would love to be working at a camp where lives are changed, it is just such an amazing experience to see how broken kids are and to see them give their lives over to Christ. I love the last days of camp during "say so" where so many kids sand up in front of the entire camp to say they have accepted Christ as their savior. It is so awesome to receive them (many who come from very broken homes) into the body of Christ and rejoice with them. So back to my summer plans... I am hoping and praying that this will work out, but if it doesn't that is okay and just means God (who knows me best) has better plans for me. Like I have told my friends I am hoping/praying for the best, but preparing for the worst. I am so thankful for the body of Christ and all of you who have been praying for me. Without your prayers and advice I wouldn't be where I am today.

Okay and now the big news B... lots of updates in the graduate department of my life. First off you know that I applied to 3 schools (University of Alabama, University of Akron, and Texas State University) for graduate programs in Child and Family development with an emphasis in Child Life. Well to start the news off, last week I received an email from the University of Alabama saying "they do not offer the child life program anymore", well I immediately broke down in tears and questioned the Lord "why" this was happening when I had spent so much time applying to know they don't offer the program anymore. However, I quickly realized just how selfish I was being and thinking about ME and not Him and I was reminded just how small I am and how big God is and that if I just have faith He will prevail. Secondly, I realized Sunday night (well my smart dad found the information out) that I don't really have to go to graduate school, I just need to apply for a Child Life internship and get 480 hours in a clinical setting to sit in for the Child life exam and hopefully pass. Well if this wasn't another hello there moment I don't know what is. It was definitely a bump in the road! So now I have that option too... I am not giving up on graduate school (more options is good). I really don't feel prepared for the real world, but I guess I will be growing up real fast. So yes, thank You God for giving me more decisions to make... ah! Thirdly, I have an interview in Akron, Ohio Friday at 12 for their graduate program. I am a little nervous about this as I have no idea what an interview looks like, or really what Ohio is like besides cold, but I am actually really excited. Child Life is something near and dear to my heart and I cannot wait to discuss it with people who actually understand what it is... unlike my advisors here at Ole Miss. So please, if you're free, be praying that it goes well this Friday! Thanks, I will really appreciate it.

So with all that said, I just thinking it's March 2nd and I don't have a clue what I am doing with my life after May 8th for the rest of my life and that stresses me out beyond belief. But I am not making the plans for my life, God is and I just need to have faith that He will prevail (He always does!) But with that Faith comes the P word- PATIENCE. I wish it was just that easy as saying be patient, but let me tell you I am terrible with patience (always have been) and especially now in the time of my life. And right now patience (and guidance) is my number one prayer request right now in my life. I need to learn patience and I am trying. If you have any advice that might make it easier, PLEASE bring it on and let me know! I was reminded by my sweet mom to think about those people who are waiting to receive the news that they do/do not have cancer in their life and what patience looks like for them. With that said, there are so many things to be thankful for and that me not knowing my future plans is nothing like that of people who like my friend Kate McRae (http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/mcraekate) who is 6 years old and was healthy one day and diagnosed with a rare brain tumor the next day who is battling for her life. Or my dear friend Amy who has taught me SO much in my life and shown me what a Godly life really looks like who has been trying to get pregnant for a year now and has had all kinds of issues who LONGS to have children. It is when I look at stories like these, the life of my friend Amy who I have seen be faithful to God even when she cannot get pregnant and the McRae's who thank God for every day they have with their 6-year old Kate that I think WHY am I so concerned and caught up in MY life. And I get frustrated when I don't know what the future holds! Wow! Stupid me! I have really seen patience in Amy's life... as she longs to have a baby, she is so faithful and thankful for everything. Never once have I seen her turn against God even in such a trial, she has patience like no one else I know and I just hope and pray I too could be patient like her. She even told me that if the Lord didn't ever give her kids then she would accept that... Wow! What a step it took her... I wish I could say if the Lord didn't give me my career as a child life specialist that I would be okay with that. I can't imagine a future without Child Life, but I pray that I too would become like Amy and be able to say you know what God if you don't give me a future in Child Life it is OKAY. I hope and pray that I will think like this VERY soon.

Anyway, as you can see life is full of uncertainties and I have NO idea where the path of Morgan leads, but the important thing is that GOD knows and He will be faithful and unfold my life before me when the time is right. So right now in life I am just strengthening my relationship with the Lord as I cling to Him in hopes that I will do what is right with my life. I ask that you would please pray for me and that God would guide me and give me the PATIENCE I need to make it through life by relying on Him. Just today, I was reminded of a verse by my dear friend Alyson and I will end with it as it is what I am currently doing in life. I will keep you updated! Thanks for the prayers!

"I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait for the Lord; Be strong and let your heart take courage; Yes, wait for the Lord." -Psalm 27:13-14

-Mo

2 comments:

Amy said...

Morgan,
It is so sweet to see the Lord at work in your life, and watch Him grow you up! It is so evident that He is refining you, and deepening your trust in Him. I am praying for you, and for your future. Just remember, "The heart of man plans his way, but the Lord establishes his steps." Proverbs 16:9 Love you so much!
Amy

Elizabeth said...

Hey, is your interview this friday or did you already have it? Regardless, I'm praying right now for open and closed doors to help guide you into the next season.I wish you could read my journals from 10 years ago. You sound just like I did. I remember thinking, 'i cannot see my hand in front of my face!' Actually, my journals still say that. I only know where I'll be for the next 3 1/2years. And I'm FINALLY ok with not knowing the next step....FINALLY. He will get you to the point where you are exhausted of worrying about it!
Hang in there while you're sitting "by the brook"! It's a hard thing for me too. I would love to get lunch someday! God's Will is that you seek him, which you are doing. Rest in that, sister! Praying for you!!!