Tuesday, March 16, 2010

God knows best

Hey friends! I know I am so bad about updating now, but there just honestly isn't a whole lot going on in my life these days. Right now I am on Spring break and trying to catch up on emails and phone calls and fun pleasures like reading the past 3 instyle issues. ha! I drove all 11 hours from Oxford, MS to Ponte Vedra Beach, FL where I met my parents here Friday night. Yes it was a long drive, but I enjoy car rides and I got to spend some much needed time with the Lord and catching up on phone calls and jamming out to music. But no I wouldn't advise the drive by yourself in one day. I am heading to Phoenix, Arizona on Thursday to see some of my great friends from Woodleaf (Younglife camp in CA) and I am so excited! i cannot wait to be there with them and somewhere where it is warm, because it sure isn't warm at the beach. Okay, now to important things...

As you know I have been waiting to hear from Lost Canyon in Arizona, I applied there for a summer internship and after praying and hoping it would work out I found out that I did not get accepted. At first this was so hard to accept because it was something I wonted so bad and I hate failure, however I have realized that the Lord knows me better and He has some great plans in store for me I just don't know them yet. So what are my summer plans?... well as of right now I have no idea. I hope to be somewhere spending time volunteering with children in the children's hospital, but not sure where yet. i might just be back in Macon... first summer in a lot of years. But my summer plans really depend on my life plans...

Secondly, you know I applied to graduate school for a Maser's in Child and Family development with an emphasis in Child Life. Well a few weeks ago I realized that if I could get a good internship graduate school wouldn't be necessary, but I have done some research and asked around and looks like grad school may be the best option. An internship is necessary for Child Life specialist and most hospitals require you to be a student during your internship for insurance purposes. So right now it is looking like my best option is going to grad school. So now I am just praying that I get into graduate school. I had an interview with the University of Akron in Ohio a few weeks ago and I feel like it went great. It was so nice to be in a hospital and talk to people who actually know what Child Life is and who are very passionate about it. I hope and pray to hear something from one of the schools very soon, and I will keep you updated too.

One of my dear friends has had a rough week full of ups and downs and really this past week or so has been a rollarcoaster. I have seen God in so many ways. I am so thankful that He knows what's best for our lives and gives a trials to only bind closer to Him. I have experienced both Joy and sadness this past week or so, but I have seen God and felt God like never before. This past Wednesday was a gorgeous day and three of my friends and I sat i the Grove and prayed that God would be with our friend. The power of prayer is amazing and It was so awesome to be praying in the Grove on a beautiful spring day in Oxford amidst His glory. I am so thankful for Him and opportunities to grow closer to Him. I am constantly reminding myself that No matter what God is God and He knows what's best! He continues to amaze me and I am so thankful for that.

Oh and on a good side.. my friend Kate McRae got released from the hospital the other day and is doing much better. Even though I have never met her nor does she even know my name, she brings me great happiness and makes me want to pursue my career as a child life specialist even more.

Hope you all have a wonderful week and hopefully with some warm weather! I will keep you updated when/if I hear anything soon! But thats all for now!
-Mo

Blessed be the LORD, the God of Israel, from everlasting to everlasting.
- 1 Chronicles 16:36

1 comments:

Amy said...

Thanks so much for praying for me! I have been so blessed by your friendship! Love you Morgan!
Amy