Hey friends! Time is flying by and I cannot believe it is already June. Lots has happened since I last blogged back in January... in the past 5 months I have run a half marathon with the entire family, visited Georgia for Easter, finished my internship at Texas Children's Hospital, spent a week with my mom in Houston, graduated from graduate school, watched my brother graduate from SMU, AND I got a job as a child life specialist at Texas Children's Hospital. Oh and my best friend Natalie is engaged and my good friends Chelsea and Ryan are pregnant. Needless to say it has been a crazy, but exciting, past few months.
It’s still hard to believe that this life is real... sometimes I think I am dreaming. It is just too perfect sometimes. The Lord has definitely blessed me with a job that I absolutely love and look forward to every day, amazing coworkers who are supportive, such a fun city, and great friends outside of work. I am so thankful and loving life. Can’t believe that a year ago I was starting my practicum in Child Life, struggling through grad school (thinking is it even possible to pass COMPS), and not having a clue when/where I would actually start working as a child life specialist. Now I am officially a “child life specialist” and employed at one of the top children’s hospitals in the world.
The Lord is so amazing and has such fabulous things in store for us! Not only did I get hired at the hospital where I completed my internship, but I am the child life specialist on the Pulmonary, Endocrine, and Adolescent Medicine Unit where I spent one of my rotations so it has been such an easy transition.
Yes, I am officially in the process of declaring residency in Texas and actually very excited about it! Mom and dad have lost both of us to the LoneStar state. I don’t think they mind it too much, it is an excuse to travel to Houston and Dallas.
Hope you all are having a fabulous weekend! Can’t believe it is already June!
-Morgan
0 comments:
Post a Comment