As Father's day nears, I am thankful for my earthly father who has shown me what it is truly like to walk with the Lord through the easy times and the difficult times. As many of you know, my dad has been through two brain surgeries and was just recently given the news that his brain tumor has returned again.
I asked God why him, why my dad who has been through this not one, but TWO times already in his life? But I trust that the Lords ways are perfect and HE has a perfect plan for my dad. My dad is truly a hero in my eyes and he describes this news as "just another bump in the road." I am confident that the Lord has a perfect plan for my dad during this time.
I was reminded this week that the Lord is in control when I read John 16:33: "I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world." We have so many things to rejoice in and I trust the Lord and His ways even through these difficult times in life. The good news is that there are treatment options and it is not cancerous. I am blessed to work with so many kids and their families who are battling life long illnesses that do not have a cure and diseases that do not have treatments, so I am thankful my dad has those options.
I am so blessed to have such an amazing earthly father who is a true servant of our Heavenly Father. I cannot wait to see how the Lord uses this "bump in the road" for His Kingdom. Thanks for all of the prayers.
Have a wonderful weekend!
-Morgan
Beyond blessed to call him my dad!

0 comments:
Post a Comment