Friday, October 8, 2010

Oh Mary Kate


I love children and especially those that are near and dear to my heart. Our sweet Young Life friends, the Kennedys have one special little girl who I adore, Mary Kate. I have watched this girl grow up and what a little vibrant 3 year-old she has become. Yesterday, I received a sweet and funny letter from MK. I thought I would share it with you because it gave me quite a laugh and reminded me why I love little children... they have a mind of their own. Here is the letter, I wish I could draw all of the "Ms" that came along with it.

"Hey Morgan! Thank you so much for my letter. It was fun getting mail. I am good. I miss playing with you too. Emma's here today. I love it when she comes. I have fun playing with her. I also love going to school. They give me yummy goodies. I like to play with my friends there. I'm glad you're coming home for Thanksgiving. I hope we get to play. My Granna just bought me new slippers. They are furry and cute. Is it getting cold in Texas yet? You might need new slippers too. I got to see your mommy the other day. She gave me a cookie. I'm going to play in my kitchen now.
I love you,
Mary Kate"

Now tell me that didn't make you laugh! I love the part about the slippers. And I miss my sweet Mary Kate. Today as I was driving around and running errands I got a call from Miss Mary Kate who told me that she missed me and asked me when I was coming home and how Texas was. Ha! What a great way to start my day! Mary Kate you are so special to me! Love you! You are missed in Texas!

Here are some photos of this sweet girl!
Mary Kate and Me at Sharptop last Spring

"Go Duke!"

Kiki and MK at Sharptop

Mary Kate and Me at her Princess Party

Dressing up in my jewelry... so funny!

My two favorites: Mary Kate and Emma

Hope you enjoy! Happy Friday!
-Mo

2 comments:

Katherine said...

Oh, I love it. You're so sweet. MK hasn't seen it yet, so I'll have to show it to her tomorrow. Love you.

Katherine said...

MK says, "I like seeing all of those pictures. I miss you, too!"