Saturday, February 13, 2010

My life is His

As the semester is flying by, I am constantly consumed with thoughts about my life after college. What am I going to do after graduation? Where will I be? Am I doing what the Lord wants me to do?, etc. There are MANY more questions I am constantly asking myself daily about my life in the near future.

It is scary to think that my time in college is almost over, it seems like yesterday I was just moving into Martin, my freshman dorm. Although college life is almost over, the memories, friendships and experiences will always be with me. Since it has really been within the past 4 years where my relationship with the Lord has grown significantly and I am so excited about that.

Lately I too have been concerned with what the future holds and will I be ready to accept life after college. In one way I think going to Spain last semester was great because it kind of prepared me for the real world in a sense that I was in a new environment with new people where I had to make new friends. So many times life takes us by surprise and I was completely taken by surprise by the grace that God showed me last semester when I was in Spain. With that said, I too am worried about what the future holds, but in reality my life is in the hands of our Father, and I am beyond thankful for that.

Although there are times when I want to control my own life and make my own decisions, I know that God knows best and He is ultimately the better decision maker. Thank goodness we don't have to make the plans for our life, I can't imagine doing that. I mean God knows me so much better than myself and so He does know me better than I know myself.

This past few months have been filled with excitement, emotions and decisions to make and no friends it has not been this easy. As soon as I arrived home from Spain I had to think about applying to graduate school and trying to figure out my summer plans. As of now all three schools I applied to have received all of my information and now I am in the process of waiting. I also have applied for an internship this summer too and I too am waiting on news of that. My life is full of waiting, but it is nice to know that my life is in His hands.

It is hard to think that I have NO idea where/what I'll be doing after May, but I do know that God knows and that reassures me. As for know I am just constantly praying that everything will work out and I will be where God wants me to be. Right now my new verse for my life is Jeremiah 29:11-14 which says, "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you. You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you, declares the LORD, and I will restore your fortunes and gather you from all the nations and all the places where I have driven you, declares the LORD, and I will bring you back to the place from which I sent you into exile."

-MO

2 comments:

Bethany said...

praying and waiting with you:)

Elizabeth said...

Sweet Morgan, so neat that you have a blog too! I will send you my blog address on facebook...like my scrapbook, I am slow to update it too...lol. I know I'm a few years ahead of you in age, but I get how you feel about not seeing the future....I still dont, actually....we will move in 4 years (again! ;-) )and I have no idea where we will be moving to....Remember Elijah. God gave him daily bread. It is so cool that we have God's word to remind us that he has it all figured out for us. It sounds like college (and maybe even Spain?!) have been wonderful training grounds for you - time "by the brook" for you to soak in his word and go deeper with him....I wonder what "widow" God will send you to, to show you his faithfulness! He provides and he is faithful! Afterall, just 6 short months ago, Oxford didn't have a Chick-Fil-A and I didn't even have a sewing machine :-) Love in Him, Elizabeth