Hey y'all, sorry I have not posted recently, these past few weeks have been crazy, I am going to try and do better. This past weekend I was lucky enough to have the opportunity to go to Sharptop in Jasper, GA. I grew up going to YoungLIfe weekend camp there in the winter and so I kinda knew what to expect. However this time I was going on the other side and not as a camper.
Back in December mom told me that she and dad were going to be adult guests for the weekend, the Macon group was going (so that meant the Kennedy family would be there), Mike and Lindsay Kinnebrew were the music directors for the weekend and the Joel Scoggins, my old YL director who is now in Memphis (which meant his family would be there). So of course with all of these awesome people being there I looked for a reason to go. I pulled the lifeguard card first and then after we realized a lifeguard wouldn't be needed I opted to go as a babysitter since the Scoggins kids would be there and Mary Kate would be there.
Thursday night was a long night, at the last minute after my night class I had to drive to Memphis and spend the night since I was flying standby back to GA and the weather was so bad in this part of the country (what's new). So I took a short 3 hour nap and was at the airport at 4:30 AM, where I did get on the standby flight to ATL. I got to Atlanta early and camped out in the airport for a few hours while mom headed up to get me. Ironically we got time to hit Lenox (one of our favorite pastimes) and shop. After a few hours of shopping we headed up to Sharptop Cove. And as soon as we arrived my heart was filled with excitement as that place has a very special place in my heart. I don't know there is something magical about YoungLife and YoungLife camp (hence why I love working at them). It is a place where the Lord is evident in every aspect and a place where highschool kids lives are changed and transformed. It's just so magical.
Well, Friday was a never ending YoungLife day as we did not eat dinner until 10PM or so that night. But funny story at dinner (we were sitting in the back with the adult guests, and speakers, etc. ) And I knew everyone at the table except this girl sitting next to mom. Mom and her start talking and all of a sudden I hear "You were at Woodleaf?" really loud. And so I was like YEA! And for the whole dinner time we talked about how she was from CA and was on staff with YoungLife in Sacramento and my SS boss and her were college roommates. Not only that, but she knew a ton of people I worked with this past summer. This is one of the reasons I love and adore YoungLife because you have connections all over the US. Ah, it's so great! I think I could name a real good friend from YoungLife at least in 10 or 15 states. I love YoungLife connections.
Saturday was cold, but all of us kiddos and Kelly, Bethany's little sister who is my age (I had a great time hanging out with her) walked around camp and saw it in action. And even in 24 degrees with snow flurries people were going down the zipline and yes crazy Mike Kinnebrew was one of them.
Between babysitting, club, hanging out and playing the weekend flew by and before I knew it it was that time to leave that magical place again and say goodbye to all of my friends. Ah, I am so lucky that I had the opportunity to go and be at such a magical place where kids come to know the Lord. I love it. Although it was a wonderful weekend, it also was weird being back in the world of YoungLife at camp and not being with my amazing friends from California. It's like the experience wasn't the same without them, but I am still thankful for having the opportunity to go!
And I hope and pray that a future with YoungLife this summer is in the plans... we will see very soon! Keep praying, please keep praying. I will keep you updated for sure. And I am posting some pictures of the kids from this weekend, sadly I didn't get any pictures with them, but I did get some cute ones of Addie Lane and Mary Kate. Have a great weekend and try and stay warm.
-Mo
Lucy and Addie Lane
Another reason why I love YL
Dad and MK dancing at club
Addie Lane and Mary Kate (One of the reasons I LOVE 2-year olds)
Addie Lane and Mary Kate
McKinley and Mary Kate
Ann, Mary Kate and McKinley
0 comments:
Post a Comment