Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Special Moments with God

This summer I have had so many special moments with God. There have been so many bumps in the road where despite the craziness in life, I have felt God's presence; He is always there to remind me that He will provide.
I began to really experience this feeling back in May when my dad had a tumor (it was benign) removed from his brain. Within 48 hours of brain surgery dad was released from the hospital, back to normal, and he even attended church the Sunday after his surgery on Thursday. I remember so many thoughts going through my head, why was this happening again, was he going to be okay. But the day of his surgery I felt a peace that was far greater than my understanding and the feelings I had are unexplainable, but I knew at that time that the Lord was in charge. If you have ever experienced that feeling you just know that everything is going to be okay no matter the outcome.
Not only did I see God's grace back in May, I have also seen in lately in numerous ways while preparing to go to Spain. Although getting my VISA for Spain was the most stressful and difficult thing I have done this summer, I learned so much through that experience. I'll admit that after going through the long process to obtain a VISA I had second thoughts about going to Spain. And one of my biggest struggles in live is making decisions... my friends and family will tell you that I am one of the most indecisive people ever. So you can only imagine that deciding to study abroad was no easy task. Ever since then I have been questioning my decision and asking the Lord to give me guidance and direction and prepare me for the months ahead. Over the past few months He has assured me in so many ways that going to Spain is the "right" decision and now I am so anxious to see what He has in store for me! I pray that this experience will bring me closer to the Lord and it's so great to know He is going to take care of me, just like He took care of my father.
This past Sunday at church we sang a song that was new to me and ever since then I cannot get the lyrics out of my head. I feel like this song is my prayer right now as I am getting ready to leave the country, but it should be my prayer always. The song is titled "Yearn" by Shane & Shane. Here are some of my favorite lines:
Lord i want to yearn for You
i want to burn with passion
over You and only You
Lord i want to yearn

oh You give life and breath
through Him You give all things
in Him we live and move
that's why i sing
I encourage you to think about these lyrics. They have made such an impact on my life this week! When I hear these words I think of Acts 17:28- "For in Him we live and move and have our being." Our God really is great and I think treasure these special moments with God. I think these special moments with Him are a little glimpse of what Heaven is going to be like. Even through darkness there is light and God will ultimately provide. I pray that I will continue to encounter these unique moments with the Lord and not overlook them.

2 comments:

Bethany said...

I love it that Addie Lane's on your blog! What are you up to this weekend? We might make a trip to Oxford if you aren't busy..

Amy said...

Morgan,
I so enjoyed reading this post. It is incredibly encouraging to see your heart for the Lord and His word continue to grow. I pray that Spain will be a rich chapter in your life as you walk in His grace each day. I am so thankful for you and treasure our friendship!
Love you!