Sunday, July 19, 2009

Life is a Roller Coaster

It has been a few weeks since I posted last, but honestly my life is not too exciting right now! However, it is becoming more exciting as the summer passes and my trip to Spain rapidly approaches. This past week, especially the past few days, have felt like such an emotional roller coaster with lots of ups and downs.
As you can see in my previous posts, I am looking forward to Spain and I can't wait to see what the Lord has in store for me there. However, as the summer (which I can say has flown by) comes to an end, I am becoming more and more aware of the opportunities, people and places I am going to miss during the 4 months I am in Spain. It seems like yesterday I was driving back to Oxford to spend the summer and enjoy Oxford since I will not be back for a while, but now we have 4 days of class left and in less than a week I will be leaving this place that has been my summer home.
I am super excited about Spain, and I just hope and pray that the next 5 or so weeks fly by so I can go ahead and get there! I think one of the worst things ever is saying goodbye and it is especially hard for me! I hate it and I can remember leaving camp ever summer and crying all the way home, knowing that I would not see most of those girls until the next summer. So pretty soon as summer ends and school begins so will the goodbyes. They are slowly already beginning and every time I am reminded about something that I am going to miss out on here in the U.S. I get really sad and wonder why am I going away again, but I know that it's the right thing for me to do.
I am so thankful that I am working Summer Staff at Woodleaf and I know the Lord was looking out for me when I felt the need to serve there. It will be so nice to be busy for the 3 weeks before I leave for Spain. I don't know anyone and I have never been to this camp or even this part of California, but I know that it will be an adventure and something to keep my mind off of the things at school that I am missing out on. I also am so thankful that I get to be a part of YoungLife which is so near and dear to my heart. I am eager to see what the Lord has in store for me, the rest of summer staff/ work crew, the leaders and especially the kids. I know I will leave that place full of energy and even more eager to be in the presence of the Lord. It will be so great to have that "high" before I begin the whole new chapter of my life in Spain.
My prayer is that the Lord would be more visible to me then ever when I am in Spain. I am uncertain of everything over there, as I am leaving behind the people that I know, the places I know and everything that I am familiar to, but the one thing that will be the same over there as He is here is the Lord. Thanks to my friend Amy, I have found my new favorite verse that has recently given me hope and comfort. Verse 9 of Joshua 1 says, "Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go." I am confident that the Lord will be with me when I am in Spain and honestly I am looking forward to seeing what all is in store for me.
As I approach this new chapter of my life I pray that I would not dwell on what I am "missing" here in Oxford, but that I would look forward to and pray for opportunities to learn more about our Savior. I also pray that God would give me opportunities to share His love and the Gospel to to others that I am around. Unfortunately, life is a roller coaster, we have lots of ups and happy times, but we also have lots of downs and sad times... I hope I will have lots of happy times and not be sad and think about the securities and opportunities I am leaving behind, because as God promises in Jeremiah 29:11 He has awesome plans for me in Spain and I look forward to experiencing them and learning more about His greatness!

0 comments: