Monday, February 21, 2011

What a Weekend!

Hey friends! I hope you survived Monday. I know mine was a little hectic, but it's always good to sit down and enjoy The Bachelor. Such a great way to end Monday. This past weekend was oh,, so much fun! My dear friend Leslie came into town for the weekend. Leslie and I were penpals forever ago when we were campers at Camp Greystone back in the day. Ever since that summer, we spent 5 weeks ever summer in the same cabin at camp. After camp, we were on staff together for 2 summers. Although we don't see each other often, Leslie is one of my best friends and it was so much fun having her in town this weekend. Here's a recap of our fun weekend.

Friday after volunteering at Dell, I came home and got out of my yucky attire and then headed to the airport to pick Leslie up. After getting her at the airport we came back to my apartment and freshened up then headed out for the night. The weather was gorgeous and so we hit up SoCo (South Congress) a MUST see if you are in the ATX. Due to the gorgeous weather and the thousands of people here for the Livestrong Marathon, we had the hardest time finding a place to eat. After putting our name on 2 restaurants for a 2 hour wait, we walked straight into the bar at Perla's and sat right down. After we enjoyed a nice seafood dinner at Perla's (one of my favs) we couldn't resist a cupcake from Hey Cupcake. We even waited in line for 20 minutes, but it was well worth it. Gotta love those cupcakes.

Saturday, three of my really good friends from school, Christie, Zenia and Brittany came up to Austin and we all ventured out to the infamous "Juan in a million" a tex-mex restaurant. Although I have heard about this place for a very long time, I had yet to try it, but figured since Leslie was in town, it would be good to give it a try. Despite the nasty weather, we had a great meal. I tried out the famous Don Dario and a guacamole taco. Needless to say they were delicious and we will go back.


They even have their own corporate headquarters...

Three of my favorites: Brittany, Christie and Zenia

Leslie and Me
Loved having her in town!

The infamous "Don Juan" Taco... So good!

After lunch, my friends let to go back to San Marcos, but Leslie and I explored Austin. Luckily the weather cleared up so I gave her a good tour of Austin, we drove through the University of Texas, hit up the mall and Leslie successfully loaded up with some Longhorn gear at the University bookstore. We decided to just chill Saturday night stopping at Chick-fil-a on the way home and decided to rent "Easy A".

Sunday, Leslie was such a trooper and woke up super early to go help out with kindstuff with me. Thankfully, she came with me because we were short on help and had an abundance of kiddos. We had 9 babies in the nursery and they were precious. I love helping out on Sunday mornings, even when one of the babies decides to bite you (yes, I do have bite marks on my arm). Ha. After church, we had a delicious lunch at Kerby Lane and then rested all afternoon before going to the 7PM service. Once again church was amazing (more to come on that later). After church we grabbed a hamburger from P. Terrys (another Austin original) and it was so tasty.

Sadly this morning I dropped Leslie off at the airport. It was sad saying goodbye, but I know next time we get together we will pick up right were we left off. It was so much fun to have a friend in town and we had such a great time. Unfortunately today was crazy busy with school, but the exciting thing was that I got to have dinner with my friends Lauren and Hailey. Lauren, Hailey and I all worked together at Crooked Creek Ranch in 2006 and we are all now living in Austin. How crazy is that! We enjoyed a great dinner at whole foods and it was so good to catch up! We are going to try and get together every once in a while now, so that will be fun!

Well, I am off to bed after a crazy busy day! Happy Tuesday!
-Mo

0 comments: