Sunday, January 2, 2011

Christmas Time

Hey friends. I know it’s been awhile since I last posted… school got extremely busy from Thanksgiving break until Christmas. My time was filled with writing papers and studying for finals. Thankfully my first semester of graduate school is behind me and I survived. Luckily I got to get some of the hard classes out of the way so next semester I’ll be taking some classes that are more interesting to me than Research and Intro to the Grad Program. I was literally jumping with excitement when I walked out of my research final and praying that I would do well on that and my big proposal so I wouldn’t have to take the class again. My wish came true and thankfully I got a B in the class. Sadly it was the only class that kept me from making a 4.0 this semester, but I’m aiming for that 4.0 next semester for sure.

Now onto the more fun stuff… let’s see, where to start....Oh, the Tuesday night before I left Austin several friends and I celebrated the engagement of Carmen Rae and Ian. Unfortunately I didn't take any pictures once again. For those of you who don’t know them, Carmen Rae is a dear dear friend of mine. She attended Ole Miss with me and was very involved in Campus Crusade too, so involved that she is now on staff at Ole Miss. There are no words to describe Carmen Rae… she is one of the kindest and loving person I know. She is a true servant of the Lord and is one of the most joyful people you will ever meet. I am so blessed to have her as a friend. I met Ian for the first time back in August when I first moved to Austin. He too is such a great guy and I can see how the two of them were meant to be together. So the funny thing is how these two met… both of them went on staff with Campus Crusade this summer (Carmen Rae is at Ole Miss and Ian is at the University of Texas in Austin). They actually met this summer while they were at staff training in Orlando and the rest was history. I remember CRae calling me this summer and asking me about my move to Austin and then telling me her boyfriend was from there. This made me so happy since I did not know anyone in Austin. The first week I was out there Carmen Rae happened to be in town and I met her and Ian at Starbucks. They both told me about friends they had in Austin and got me connected to some people who happen to be some of my best friends in Austin today. It’s funny how the Lord works things out. I am so thankful for Carmen Rae and Ian and SO excited about their wedding in August. We had a great time surprising these two special friends and enjoyed eating paella and catching up. Who know Austin had such a great Spanish restaurant… I should have known since they have everything else.

Carmen Rae and Ian

I flew back to the Peach state and had a few days to relax. My Aunt, uncle and cousins who are living in Ecuador right now spent two weeks here in Macon staying with my grandmother so I spent a lot of time with them. I went to the Christmas debutante party that Friday and while it was fun to see some old friends and catch up, I realized just how old I was and how it seems like forever since I was a freshman in college. That Saturday night mom, dad and I drove to Atlanta late that evening to welcome Carl back to the United States after spending the semester in France. It was so nice to see him and I know he is excited to be back in the United States.

Mom and me before Bon Hommes

Me and Dad

Mom and Dad

Carl at his Christmas Concert

Carl, Mom and Emma at the Christmas Concert

Cousins from Ecuador

Ann, Sarah and Ceci


The Family



The Tuesday before Christmas my grandmother took the whole family (all 22 of us) up to Atlanta to spend the night in the St. Regis. It was fun getting to see everyone and we even spent Tuesday afternoon ice-skating on top of the hotel. The four old cousins (me, Carl, Curry and Mia) all went out for a night on the town after our long family dinner. We had fun catching up and I enjoyed hearing all of Curry’s stories from spending last semester in Spain. It was nice to have the whole crew together for one night.

Sarah, Aunt Sydney and Ceci

Mia, Isabelle and Curry ice-skating

Curry and Me
Ann F., Collie, Dorothy and Isabelle

The Family



The big kids: Me, Curry, Carl and Mia

All the cousins

All the cousins and grandmother B

Christmas Eve my other grandparents came up and spent the night with us. We went to church and had a great dinner all cooked by my mom who is a wonderful cook. It was so nice to have her real cooking again…I really do miss it. Christmas morning unfortunately we did not wake up to snow, but we did have a great time celebrating the birth of our Savior and opening up gifts. We got some snow flurries about 11 PM Christmas night, unfortunately nothing stuck, but I can say “it snowed on Christmas!.”

Monday morning mom, Carl and I headed down to Ponte Vedra to spend the week at the beach. Dad joined us Tuesday and our good good friends the Kinnebrews (Mike, Lindsay and Emma) joined us on Wednesday. We had a great time hanging out together, catching up, shopping, enjoying the warmer weather (it was in the 70s a few days) and playing with baby Emma. We welcomed the New Year in on Friday night at the club in Ponte Vedra and although we were the youngest people there by decades, it was fun to all be together. Here are some fun pictures from our time in Florida.

The Sunset at the Beach

Emma rockin' in her new True Religion Jeans

We're twinsies with our matching jeans and pink shirts...


Love this girl!


Lindsay, Emma and Me

Mom and Emma

Mike and Lindsay "walking" Emma

So precious





Carl and Emma


Ringing in the New Year

Well friends, that’s all for now! I hope you are having a great start to the New Year. I promise I will write back soon. I head back to the Lonestar state on Thursday… I’m going to help Carl get settled into his new apartment. I can’t wait to be back in that great state. Happy Monday!

-Mo

0 comments: