So last week when all of you guys were out of school, off work, out of town, relaxing and what not all of us here in Valencia were in school, in Spain it was just another week filled with lots of reading, homework and papers.
Wednesday started off interesting… I wake up “early” on Mondays and Wednesdays around 7:30 in order to shower, and make it to a 9 AM class. Keep in mind 30 of those minutes are the time it takes to get from my house to school. Well, Wednesday happened to be a very frightening day here in Spain. My Madre is never awake when I leave the house for my classes on Mondays and Wednesdays, since the anything before 9AM is early to the Spaniards. Well, this particular day I heard her up and I figured she was just getting some water or something like that.
Well the next thing I knew I heard her coughing uncontrollably and then I heard her scream Morgan. I ran quickly not knowing what was happening… something wasn’t quite right and she was sick but I had no idea what to do. She gave me instructions to get her a cup and her bathrobe and open the door when someone was there knocking. The next thing I know she is screaming in pain and looks miserable, but I have no idea what to do so I am just praying someone will come. I was like do I call 911 or one of her children, except for I don’t know the number for 911 here or the number for her children. Luckily she was able to do both of those things. The neighbor came over and she talked to her a little bit. My Spanish has improved quite well and I can speak it without a problem, but I know absolutely no medical terms in Spanish. Guess I will have to learn those if I want to work in a children’s hospital. It was about time that I leave for class and Marite, my Madre insisted she was okay and that I should go to class and not worry.
-Mo
0 comments:
Post a Comment