Monday, November 30, 2009

El Mercado Central

Thursday my Spanish culture and civilization class went to the central market here in Valencia. Right now we are learning about the Spanish food and all the famous cooks they have. So our professor took us to the market instead of class on Thursday. He gave us the assignment to find 10 foods that they sell here in Spain and don’t sell in the United States. And then we are supposed to ask our madres for a recipe with one of the ten items in it. Needless to say it was a fun and interesting trip. I had been to the market before, but it was a little more fun when you were searching for things they sell here, but not in the US. We found lots of things, mainly fruit and vegetables. Some of the more interesting things we found were a pig’s head (and yes you can still tell that’s what it is) and some kind of interesting and live seafood. I am excited to see what the Spaniards use these things for. I love the food here and everything my Madre has made me thus far I have loved. However, they do have some interesting and kind of gross things in the market

-Mo

El Mercado Central



Valencian oranges
Laine with the seafood
I have no idea... some sort of seafood
Yes these are for sell in the market... pig heads. I am so glad they don't sell these in the US!

0 comments: