Friday, August 28, 2009

Team 809

Hey friends! I'm sure you are wondering where I have been for the past month! I have been in northern California working at Woodleaf, a YoungLife camp. It seriously was the best 3 weeks ever and I am so sad that it flew by! God is so good!
To Start off... lets just say I was very nervous about going because I had never been to the camp and I did not know anyone that would be there. However, as usual, God proved Himself to me. As soon as a I landed in Sacramento I met my future best friend Becca in the airport. Shortly after that the bus full of the flyers headed towards Woodleaf. I don't remember exactly arriving probably because I had been up for almost 24 hours at that point, but I do remember how welcoming everyone was when I got off that bus. It was definitely at that point when I knew I was going to have a great time!
There are so so many things I would love to blog about and probably will in the next few days, but I want to touch on some highlights right now...

Most importantly I grew spiritually in so many ways during this short time. The Lord definitely showed Himself to me and helped me learn to trust completely in Him for everything, especially my future. Before going to California, you could have asked me about Spain and I would have told you that I was so nervous and did not know what to expect. If you know me you know that I am a huge planner. Well during those 3 short weeks I feel like the Lord was telling me you know it's okay to now be prepared and not know anything about what you are about to get yourself into. And now I can say that nothing has changed planning wise... I still have no clue about what I'm getting myself into, but what I have learned is that it is okay to not know everything, the Lord will prove Himself to me and most importantly reveal Himself even if I am in Spain!

I also just have to mention the Amazing summer staff that I worked with, including the 8 people on waterfront that I worked alongside with everyday. Lindsey, A. Jay, Becca, Ryan, Nick, Karla, Ritchie and Travis were truly amazing and I am so glad God blessed me with such great friends. I miss "family time" dearly and I am so glad we got so close to each other! I love you guys and miss you so much! Thanks for being so encouraging to me everyday. We have been through a whole lot between all the First Aid we had to give to campers, dealing with the car wreck, rescuing a billion people even when they had lifejackets on, chasing after kayaks and even putting on a thousand harnesses for the swing or zip line. I saw God work in each of your lives whether it was interacting with kids, encouraging others, fishing with the guys, hooking in zippers or just giving out smiles. Ya'll are amazing and we have been through so much but I know the Lord showed Himself in each of our lives this summer!

Lastly I want to share this video with you... it is a skit done to a song called "Everything" by Lifehouse. Aparently it is a real poplar thing amongest YoungLife, but I first saw it 3 weeks ago in California and I have to say that it is one of the most powerful things I have ever watched! I'm attaching the link to the video on via Facebook. If the link doesn't work it is on my facebook profile page and as soon as I get home I am going to upload my video here. I hope you will take the time to watch it! I have seen it 3 times live and I cry like a baby everytime! Ha! It's amazing to get a visual of exactly how much Jesus loves us! It gives me chills just thinking about it! Here is the link...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z42DxA74i0c

I'm headed to Sharptop for the weekend, but will blog more before I leave for Spain Wednesday! Ah! Have a great weekend!

1 comments:

Bethany said...

i know that Christ shined through you this summer as you worked each day... thanks for sacrificing some of your summer so that kids could come face to face with Christ. miss you, morgan!